Saturday, October 29, 2011

a breakast treat!





One of the things I love making for breakfast besides omelets, is a fruit parfait. I use Stoney Field’s low fat french vanilla organic yogurt for a creamy yet light taste. I cut some fresh strawberries, bananas and add some blueberries if I find any in the fridge and mix it a little to give the yogurt some color and fruity taste from the berries. For a nice crunch in each bite, I like to top it off with some Go Lean Crunch honey almond flax Kashi cereal. It’s a wonderful easy-to-make meal full of nutrients and deliciousness!
Thinking of making this for breakfast during the week, I picked up what i needed at the grocery store. The next day I gathered all the ingredients and made my parfait. As I took the first bite, I realized there was something different; It was not as sweet as usual. I took a look at the yogurt container and realized I had bought the plain kind instead of vanilla. It was not a happy moment for me. It’s never fun to eat something with an expectation of what is going to taste like it and be disappointed when the taste doesn’t quite match what you had in mind. Fortunately, a moment later I had a light-bulb moment and thought, Why not add honey? So I carried out the idea and mixed some honey to my not-so-sweet parfait. I must say it was a great idea!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you figured out the way the Greeks enjoy yogurt :)

    http://www.mycookinghut.com/2009/11/14/greek-yogurt-with-honey/

    ReplyDelete